Board of Directors
ROR Board of Directors
- Bill Polley, President – William G. Polley is a retired Superior Court Judge. He received his J.D. from Santa Clara University in 1969 and his B.S. in Business Administration from California State University, San Jose, in 1964. He has lived and worked in Tuolumne County since 1970 and has served as an officer and director of foundations, churches, service clubs, a hospital and a mutual water company. He and his wife, Carol, have four children and nine grandchildren.
- Mark Levering, Vice President – Mark Levering has served as the pastor of Sierra Bible Church in Sonora since 1973 and made numerous trips to Russia since 1996 to work with two SBC Partnership Churches and several orphanage ministries.
- Patrick Day, Secretary – Patrick Day started speaking Russian before he spoke English. His mother was Russian and insisted on speaking Russian. This helped him with interacting with the children of the orphanages. After going on a missions trip with Sierra Bible Church in 2002 Patrick fell in love with the children and has an overwhelming desire to not only see the children survive once they leave the orphanage but to come to know Jesus Christ and know that even though others may leave them He never will. Patrick has been to Russia and Ukraine over 20 times in the past 8 years and feels privileged to be able to connect with and help the orphans.
- Kathy Kleinert, Director – Kathy Kleinert has a background as a business owner of a training company in the Bay Area, as a bookkeeper for numerous organizations and as a member of two missions teams at Sierra Bible Church in Sonora, CA. Kathy has never been to Russia but looks forward to going someday to meet the children we serve. Kathy and her husband, Aaron, live in Sonora with their two daughters.
- Barbara Day, Director – The wife of secretary Patrick Day, Barbara Day performs numerous and varied tasks for ROR. As she puts it, she “handles all the loose ends.” Outside ROR, she has more than 25 years experience in the food service industry.
- Dorothy Arndt, Treasurer - Dorothy has a lifetime of experience as a book keeper. In her spare time, she enjoys playing the piano.
- John C. Brown, Director – John C. Brown is an artist with a heart for ROR. He maintains the website and helps manage communications. He has made one trip to Russia with ROR, during which he shot the ROR video which appears on the home page.
- Jim Oliver, Director (not pictured) – Jim Oliver is a retired business man who has made several trips to Russia to help with many building projects, both physical and spiritual. He is one of ROR’s founding members.